Snow day. Everything was so white and gorgeous last night. I had a feeling school would be canceled, but Murphy’s Law is catching up with me this year, so I still woke up with my alarm to check the broadcast news. It took forever for me to see the first announcement for our county. I was waiting for a second (double-checking never hurts!) when my mom came down and told me we were closed. I figured, if we were both mistaken, at least I’d have some kind of excuse.
I rolled out of bed around 9:35 — early for one of my sleep-in days. I watched Just Married on HBO. Not a bad movie. I refuse to believe that much could possibly go wrong on anyone’s honeymoon. It was funny, though. I felt terrible when the dog jumped out the window. That was so wrong. He couldn’t have thrown the ball the other way?
After I got dressed, my dad took me to Wal-Mart to drop off my pictures for RP. His Trailblazer has all-wheel drive. I came home and sat around for a while reading Seventeen. We picked up my mom from the Metro, then went back for my pictures. They pretty much suck, but then again, I’ve never been good with a camera, and it was disposable.
Right now, I’m hoping that (a) I come up with something halfway decent for RP, (b) I can print it, which is much more complicated than you might think, and (c) I get it done tonight, since it’s due tomorrow and I haven’t started yet. My project sucks, it really does. I had a better idea last year. It so would have been better for this year. I might not have found a mentor in time (haven’t emailed to her in weeks), but I would have had a decent project.
I want to just make stuff up, I really do. If I stick with my principles and stay honest, I’m not going to get as good a grade as the people who fake it all. I hate that. Chapter Four will probably be our biggest RP grade for third quarter, so I can’t really afford to flop on it. I refuse to let this class ruin me. It’s already stressed me out more than anything else. I really hate science. Let someone else cure cancer.
Also, my mom was really patronizing on the phone with me earlier. Nothing I do is ever good enough for her. I wish I didn’t need her so much, so being angry at her could actually make something happen.
In case you couldn’t tell, I’m in a sucky mood today. I have been for the past week or so. Rajni and I could start a club. A small club.
The Friday Five I missed last week: The Moment.
At this moment, what is your favorite…
1. …song? After listening to the radio all day Saturday, I’m kind of tired of all music.
2. …food? Chips. I am addicted to chips like nothing. I can eat three different kind of chips in a single day without even realizing it. We have pretzels at the moment, though. I should probably switch to pretzels and Ritz and Club crackers and Goldfish. All the crunch with way less fat. I think.
3. …tv show? Jeopardy!, of course. And ER is awesome lately.
4. …scent? I’m loving this Cotton Blossom body spray from Bath and Body Works I got as a gift. And the smell of winter is incredible. (Yeah, yeah, I’m weird and I’m proud.)
5. …quote? “The heart knows reasons that reason does not know.” — Blaise Pascal, an old favorite