Last night, I found what may be the most interesting community I’ve seen on LJ. The Friday Five shut down a few months ago, which sucked. As it turns out, some LJ-ers created a community for a new Friday Five. I love these questions, so even though it’s not Friday, I’m going to answer anyway. I missed the F5.
Friday Five: Writing
1. What color ink pen do you like best? Black. I write with blue when I have to, but something about black writing on white paper just seems right.
2. Do you prefer plain paper or paper with lines (notebook paper)? Notebook paper. I’ll use blank paper for scratch writing, though that’s usually just the wrong side of bad computer print-outs or old fliers. Otherwise, I’ll write crooked, which terrifies the neat freak in me.
3. What’s better: books from the library, or reading online? Ooh. I love the library, because the books are free, but online reading (fics) is free, too. I’ll go with library books, but only because I get tired of staring at my computer screen in an uncomfortable chair. I can curl up on my bed with a library book.
4. Which would you rather get, e-mail or snail mail? Snail mail. I love getting email, but there’s something about a letter in a real envelope, with a stamp and everything. Both are great, though. Blogs are the best source for daily info, but letters require more time and consideration.
5. Do you have a paper weight on your desk? No. My room is naturally cold, being halfway underground in a neighborhood full of trees, so I never have a fan. Otherwise, my papers stay put. Except when I fling pillows over toward it while I’m making my bed. That only happens recently, though, since I stopped keeping my desk clean for homework. (Bad Lindsay!)
It took me a while to get out of work this afternoon. I went out to check up with Mrs. Maus at three o’clock, which is when I usually leave, but she held me up for almost another half hour. She could have called the music therapy group tomorrow, but I guess she didn’t want to wait, or something. Add that to my mixed feelings about my job.
My blogger code is B6 d- t- k- s u- f i o+ x– e- l c. That was an interesting meme. I was checking out a list of memes from the LJ F5 and found that link. It was weird, but kinda cool. It made me think a lot about my blogging habits. Also, the Bloginality test identified me as an ISFJ (introverted, sensing, feeling, judging), just like that other personality test I took.
In blogging, your journal will always be immaculate and have a touch of style. You may also feel overwhelmed because you want to be a part of everything going on. Because of your wonderful memory, other bloggers may come to you to ask about things you posted months before.
Except for that bit about my “wonderful memory”, that’s pretty accurate.
—–BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK—–
GU/ED>$ d- s+: a17 C+ U? P? L? E? W++ N? o? K? w+ O? M- V? PS+() PE@ Y PGP- t+ 5? X+ !R* tv+ b++ DI ?D G e h! r++ x?
——END GEEK CODE BLOCK——
That was fun. Tedious, but fun. And old. I mean, 1996 is practically the dark ages.
I should stop with these memes now. I’ll just add it to my links to come back some other time. ;)
[Blogger postid: 109044814703114537]