Oh, man. This is a throwback! I can’t remember the last time I read an actual, printed-on-newsprint newspaper. Even when I’ve been back home and there has been a real paper in the house, I only pick up the comics and the WashPo Magazine.
- What is your favorite section of the newspaper? As I just said, I like to read the WashPo Magazine best. Sometimes the NYT Mag as well. If I have to pick up a real paper, it would either be the A section for general news or the Style section.
- Sunday comics or weekday strips? Which comic is your favorite? I like that the Sunday comics are in color, but it can be super fun to follow the storylines throughout the weekdays. I like Baldo, Zits, Baby Blues, Beetle Bailey, and Cathy when I do pick up a paper.
- Do you read your daily horoscope? Do you believe in it? I used to read the monthly ones in my teen magazines (I read Seventeen, Teen People, and CosmoGirl for years*), but I gave them up after I went back to church. It’s just easier not to get tangled up in that kind of thing, even when it seems like it’s just for fun.
- Does the paper become bird cage lining, do you recycle, or does it get thrown in the trash? I recycle whenever possible. I don’t get a newspaper at home, but I do recycle the sales circulars that come in the mail separately.
- Where do you read the paper? At home, at work, or elsewhere? I skim The Daily Texan because it’s vaguely work-related, but I only read it online!
*Whoa. I did some Wikipedia-ing just now. CG and TP both stopped publishing? I remember owning the very first issues of both of those. Too bad I had lost interest a few years before; it would have been kind of cool to own the first and last issues. It’s hard to fight Seventeen‘s longevity, though.