Hooray! I was sad when it wasn’t posted on Friday, but it is a very new Lindsay that is so anxious to post that such a sadness even emerges. And it gives me a good way to write today’s post without having to do too much analysis.
Five Creative Ways to Kill Time…
- At work I don’t usually have time to kill, per se, at work. When I’m not engaged in a project, I like to read encyclicals. It’s a free way to build up the theological background I don’t have.
- Waiting in line If it’s a sit-down line like at the doctor’s office or driver’s license office, I probably have brought a book. Otherwise, I like to play Angry Birds. It’s great for short bursts of time. You can move around between firing birds if necessary.
- Riding in a car/public transportation/etc. In both cases, I listen to music if I’m alone. I used to just stare or read while riding buses or the Metro, but since I got my iPhone and my Christmas headphones, I’ve upgraded.
- Waiting for your date (this can be anyone you are meeting) to arrive Oh, I have no idea. I’m excited to read other people’s F5s just to see what they answered to this question!
- At the airport waiting for your delayed flight to arrive Keep reading the book I brought along. I still maintain that physical books are the best companions for flying. They never need recharging, you don’t have to fumble to turn them off in an instant because you need to get up or sit down or move to the left, and they double as boarding pass holders.