This feels like a Friday Five, except it’s Thursday.
A while ago, I interviewed my readers for a change, and my final question was, “What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?” I got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.
If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?’
(Such a cruel question!)
- The Bible: Do I really need to explain?
- Catechism of the Catholic Church: See previous comment.
- To Kill a Mockingbird: It’s such a great book, and it affected me differently each time I read it. It is the sole novel of a reclusive author. It was set in one time and published in another where not much had changed. It was translated beautifully into film. What’s not to love?
- The Giver: My heart will always be with YA.
- Pride and Prejudice: After all that seriousness, I’ll need something lovely and lighthearted!
I have loved many other books, but I think I could be happy with those forever. Not as happy as I am with all the books in the world at my disposal, but pretty happy.