I was a day late on my Quick Takes this week, too, so I’m going to slide this in today and call it a weekend.
- Who was your first best friend? I don’t think I can remember back that far. I had a couple of good friends in kindergarten and when we lived on Andrews when I was little. Precious and Ivory were sisters who lived in my cul-de-sac, and I think there was an Ashley there, too. (I grew up with a ton of Ashleys.) I think my kindergarten best friend was named Erika.
- Who was your first crush? I don’t remember the first one, and I definitely don’t remember the names of any of the first ones, but I could probably pick them out of an old yearbook if I bothered to look.
- Who was your first kiss? My high school boyfriend, Greg.
- Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend? My other high school boyfriend, Mark.
- Who was your most serious boyfriend/girlfriend? Definitely Greg. We dated for a long time. He turns up in my archives here a lot.
Yikes, that was uncomfortable. I’ve been single for a long time, which is both good and bad. It’s given me time I absolutely needed to be able to focus on my goals, growing in holiness, and becoming a better person all around without getting lost in someone else. On the other hand, it is lonely. I’m excited for whatever (or whoever!) is next, but I wish it would come around sooner rather than later!