I’m not always a fan of the random question grouping (that’s an oxymoron), but these look intriguing.
- What’s your favorite sandwich? I don’t know if anyone has ever asked me that before. I really enjoy the turkey guacamole sandwich at Schlotzsky’s, especially because it comes on wheat bread and with just a touch of sliced red onions. So tasty. I also like to make peanut butter sandwiches with tortillas. (Think quesadilla, but wit peanut butter.) I made it up when we were out of bread once, and it was so tasty that I started making them all the time.
- You have unlimited funds and unlimited space to make your dream abode. What and where is it, and what does it look like? Do you share it with anyone/anything? At the moment, I’d like to stay in Austin because I enjoy my job, and I’d stay in this part of town. It might be nice to move a bit farther to the west in my neighborhood, though. I live alone, so I don’t really need more space, but it would be sweet if I could have unlimited space to store my books. I wouldn’t necessarily have unlimited funds to buy them, but I’d be able to at least keep them somewhere.
- If you made a movie, what would it be about and who would be in it? Well, as I mentioned in my review of October Baby yesterday, I would like to make another compelling story (I love stories) with values like mine that isn’t cheesy, preachy, or badly produced, but is still honest. I like the idea of using minor celebrities to add legitimacy, but I don’t know who I’d pick.
- If you were to start a charity, what would it be for? I work for charity. Can it just be us? No? There are so many great and underrepresented causes. The first thing I’d want to contribute to is one of the organizations that helps potential entrants to seminary or the novitiate pay off their education loans so they can enter. If I had to start my own charity, it would be raising money for (moral) research about cancers that aren’t breast cancer or leukemia. People are aware of and focused on those to the exclusion of so many others. (I have a pet peeve about claims of “raising awareness” for breast cancer. People are aware!) I would be more inclined to contribute to an existing charity than to start my own.
- What’s your favorite music video? (Bonus points if you embed/link it.) I’ve embedded or linked back to “Captain Jack Sparrow” so many times already.OK Go makes great videos, too. To answer this question, I popped over to YouTube to see what I might have missed and discovered this apparently most recent one. I prefer the ones that have the actual band members because they’re musicians, not dancers, so it’s awesome to see them dance anyway. These featured players are dancers, however, and they’re almost mesmerizing. I also love some of the woman’s dresses. So many colors, and at knee length!
That was the best random question set in a very long time. Coming next week: a better image to accompany the F5!