Sure, it’s Saturday, but the questions only turned up in my RSS feed today, and I prefer this on Saturday to 7QT on Saturday.
- Do you have any sort of allergy? If so, what are you allergic to?I don’t have any persistent allergies. During my second year in Alabama, though, I had an awful reaction to pollen.
- What kinds of symptoms do you experience during an allergic reaction? Are they mild, moderate, severe? I’ve only had the one patch of reactions, and it was probably moderate. All I know is that I just wanted to breathe without coughing and see without having watery eyes, and I couldn’t do either.
- How do you manage your allergies? I wound up taking Claritin for about a month. I tried switching to Target’s up & up generic, but my body knew and was not having it. I took one earlier in the spring when my eyes got watery again, and it dried them right up.
- Do you have (or know someone with) an unusual or rare allergy? I call mine “regional allergies,” since I’m only allergic in certain regions of the country. I might have had a milder, coughing reaction one summer in South Bend, but I haven’t been back long enough to be sure.
- If you are allergic to pet dander, yet choose to keep a furry pet, what influenced your choice? I am not, as far as I know, and I don’t have pets.
Fun fact: Even though I don’t have pets, the F5 about pets is my #1 most visited post. It’s because of the post image, but you never know what people might stumble across after they wander in from Google.