Whew! That was kind of a long time to go without posting properly. Back to it now.
Here’s what I am currently…
Gathering: My hair around my head at bedtime. My hairstylist gave me a Christmas goodie bag with a hair wrap in it, so I’ve been wrapping my hair. Forgetting to pack the wrap when I was home over Christmas was a setback, but I’m back on the wagon now. It took some experimenting to figure out how my hair responds, and I had to buy a boar bristle brush to make it work, but I’m getting much better at the whole process. My hair stays way straighter now. I might have also spent too many minutes gathering tips from the Glamtwinz’s other hair videos. I don’t know any other black women with hair as long as mine, relaxed or natural, so I’m always looking for advice.
Making: A legit Christmas card display. I do not come from a Christmas Card Family, but I have been a Christmas Card Person since high school. My grandma was also a Christmas Card Person. This was the first Christmas since she died, so I felt a little extra joy knowing that someone in our family still has still got it. Oh, and the secret to displaying flat cards like this? Binder clips!
Sipping: Pure Cane Sugar Dr. B ( a Dr Pepper imitation) from HEB; they had a coupon kind of a long time ago. Maybe a year ago? I forgot to drink them because I almost never drink sodas that have both sugar and caffeine. And I put them on the top of the wall cabinets in our kitchen, which is my extended storage space because I’m the only roommate tall enough to reach (without a chair, I guess). During my last grocery run of the year, I forgot to get my usual case of Coke Zero, so I drank those instead. They were tasty, but the extra sugar threw me off balance for a while.
Following:-slash-stalking Yahoo View for new episodes of my TV shows. Grey’s Anatomy had a most excellent cliffhanger, and Bones has started back up after its amazing finale. At least Black-ish has been back online already. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but cutting the cord and hand-picking what I watch has given me an almost fanatical devotion to the few shows I do watch.
Resolving: To write “2017” instead of “2016.” That’s the closest thing to a resolution you’re getting from me!
- I have morphea. I sat on that post for a long time before finally publishing. It was on my Epiphany cards, so it was time to just come out and talk about it.
- Mr. Man went home with me for Christmas. We survived meeting my family, some classic tourist confusion about the DC area, and shoe shopping. It was delightful.
- I got a filling. It was literally painless. My dentist is great.
- I rang in the new year with a friend. We had a lovely hotel dinner with her mom and went to a great local brewery party.
- I took myself on a date to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I liked it!
So what’s new with you? What are you gathering currently?