I fell asleep reading Ex-Colored Man not too long ago. The book isn’t that bad, and I wasn’t really sleepy, so I don’t know why I just dozed off like that. I intended to read all three assigned chapters, but after one paragraph of the third, I just closed the book and rolled over. I only meant to sleep for minute, but that turned into twenty.
I did basically nothing today, besides that reading. I rearranged a bit to fit my DVD rack in, and dusted, but nothing much. It’s been a boring day. I’m basically just waiting to be called for dinner, and then I’ll watch tv or a movie or something.
Oh, and because I missed it last week in the wake of Christmas, the belated Friday Five: Year’s End.
1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year? Surviving the pile of stress that school dumped on me. Oh, and finally getting my driver’s license.
2. What was your biggest disappointment? On a minor note, getting Bringing Down the House as a birthday present. I’ve never mentioned that movie, let alone seen it; they bought it so they could have it. I hate presents like that. If you’re going to buy a Perfect Pancake, buy it for the family. Don’t make it a “present” for me. No one else gets presents like that. On a much more significant note, being crushed by Adkins. I knew it wouldn’t be easy, but I thought I would put in enough time to come out with higher scores and such. No big deal, but the biggest of the deals I can think of right now.
3. What do you hope the new year brings? Less stress, of course. More acceptance letters, scholarship money, and decisiveness. If you hadn’t noticed, I have a thing about being indecisive.
4. Will you be making any New Year’s resolutions? If yes, what will they be? No, intentionally. I make them, then I break them. It’s pointless. I read somewhere once that it only takes two weeks to make or break a habit if you do it consciously, so in a way, that’s my resolution: I resolve not to make a resolution. If I feel something needs to change, I’ll just change it. No pressure, no lists, but still results.
5. What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Well, I would very much like a midnight kiss this year, but as driving after midnight on a provisional license is
technically illegal, I’m unlikely to get it. So it may just be me, the Internet, and MTV again.