1. What blood group are you? … I actually don’t know. It only came up once (see next question), but then I didn’t need to know after that. I’m sure it’s in my records somewhere, and I imagine they could test it if necessary.
2. Do you give blood? Why/why not? I tried once. I was all set to go join a blood drive on campus, but I chickened out in the end. I also know surprisingly little about my own health, like my blood type. I remember having blood drawn … two years ago to check for cholesterol, diabetes, and anemia, but I never found out the results. I’d be embarrassed to admit that to someone at a drive.
3. Are you listed as an organ donor? Again, why/why not? I have the little icon on my driver’s license. That doesn’t really count, though. I hope my family would donate my organs if something happened to me. If I can’t use them anymore, someone else could benefit tremendously.
4. Would you donate an organ or other part of your body (e.g. bone marrow) while still alive? It depends. I read in Seventeen once about a girl who donated a kidney to her father. For family, I might do it, but I’d have to consider where I am in my life.
5. Would you consider leaving your body to medical science? Or maybe just parts of your body? No. That’s just too weird for me.
Not much has happened since Wednesday. On Thursday, I talked to the teacher for the honors seminar I’m waitlisting, and she said I could get in. When I checked in on Friday, I had moved up to 1 of 4 (instead of 4 of 4). Just now, it says I’m 1 of 3. Either way, I’ll have it sorted out before the end of Drop/Add.
Yesterday, I went to the bookstores after Astro (my only Friday class) to look for my Honors books. Neither of the stores had them. This worries me because we’re supposed to read A Room of One’s Own for Thursday. I found it online, but that leaves me without anything to refer to in class. I spent the rest of the day, well, sitting around. Without Greg, I really have nothing to do on weekends except study. I wandered online for a while, then studied, then watched Chasing Liberty (on my computer, since Joelle’s supplying the tv and it’s not here yet).
Today is shaping up to be another day full of nothing. I’ve been online for the few hours since I got back from breakfast. I had a Testudo waffle. I missed those so much. I was greatly disappointed to go home to a waffle-less house over break.
If anyone wants to do something tonight or tomorrow, my schedule is dismally clear.