Uncomfortable Deja Vu

Today, I was up and dressed with 15 minutes to do anything I wanted. I chose to pray Lauds (Morning Prayer). Then I still got out the door two minutes late.

EDCI 416 (How to Be an English Teacher) went by quickly. We talked about language (read: grammar) and took a usage (read: grammar) test. We have to get at least 80% on it to pass the course. I hit some snags, but I was pretty much at home.

I went to daily Mass, then came home for lunch. ENGL 391 (Professional Writing, a.k.a. Junior English) is canceled this week for individual conferences. I scheduled mine for 1:30pm, just before I had to be at Anne Arundel for a Visit Maryland Day student panel. I took my time eating, which was good because Father What’s-His-Name gave a long homily, so daily Mass was over 20 minutes. I wouldn’t have been able to each much if I’d had to go to class. Despite the comfortable buffer, I only remembered my appointment at 1:25. I took off in a hurry, got halfway to Susquehanna, realized I’d forgotten the paper I needed to turn in, ran back for it, ran back to SQH, caught my breath in the stairwell, and finally made it to the office about three minutes late. The conference itself went fine; he approved my proposal on a system for stopping book banning.

After I got back from the Honors student panel, I checked the schedule, made some calls, and left to catch the shuttle to Beltway Plaza mall. Halfway there, I realized I’d forgotten the makeup I needed to return, ran back for it, dashed back up South and North Hills, and caught the bus about a minute later. (Thanks, St. Christopher, for helping me out with that uncomfortable déjà vu) I wasted very little time getting in and out of the beauty supply store (I use a specific type of hair grease), in and out of Target, and back to the bus stop. I was only there about five minutes before the bus returned. I got off at Regents Drive and walked halfway across campus to get home.

On the way, I saw two gray squirrels chasing each other around a tree trunk. I paused, transfixed and amused, as they paused, since one had lost sight of the other. Then the one moved farther up the tree, the other saw him, and they went back to it. Then I saw two black squirrels doing the same thing, sans tree.

Yesterday, I hit myself in the face with my bedroom door. Clearly, I am losing my mind.

I will update soon with more details about what’s been going on in my life since the end of August.

I bet you'll love these posts, too!


Leave a Reply to Scott Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Oh man… I miss campus life. I don’t miss hitting myself in the face with a door though (not that I’ve really ever done so… usually I just don’t turn corners wide enough and run into tables edges and stair railings).

I’ve been really amused by squirrels recently though I haven’t seen them doing that. I’m also really interested by the birds – the random one that flew really high in the sky yesterday as I was walking… and there was nothing else around it except for the blue sky).

As to the last entry, I’m glad Jim took on the role as your prayer warrior. :)

Back to this entry – I didn’t know morning prayer was called Lauds (yay for learning something new!).

Hahaha, what?

Lindsay in wonder…natureland. I was walking from the Marriot– well, walking and reading –and I herd something chit and chat. I looked up and was almost touching a GIANT, SUPER squirrel! I screamed and ran backwards, still looking in fear and like you said, amused. In stopped its defense pose and finished eating. After I got myself together, a homeless man laughed at me.

Please Mr. Blog… do not be frustrating for Lindsay anymore. She deserves a break and I would take it as a personal favor if you would see to it that technical issues go smoothly for her next post.

Thank you,

© 2002–2020. Powered by WordPress & Romangie Theme.