I love how, just when I remember the Friday Five exists, it’s about books. If only I believed in coincidence….
- Do you enjoy reading? Absolutely. I rarely have the opportunity to read real, physical books, but I love doing it. I read all day online and in class, but that isn’t the same.
- What is the first book you remember reading? When I was little, maybe six years old, I was sitting outside reading a Looney Tunes book to my friends. I remember seeing the Road Runner on the page. One hand was holding the book, but the other was resting in the grass. A wasp landed on the hand in the grass. I panicked; it stung me. I don’t remember much about the book, but that sting hurt a lot.
- Who is your favorite author? J.K. Rowling. Harry Potter was my life. I also like Jason Evert, Wendy Shalit (though I’ve only read one of her books), Cynthia Voigt, Lois Lowry, and E.L. Konigsburg.
- What is your favorite book?My favorite HP book is tied between Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows. My favorite classic is Pride and Prejudice. I also love Alice in Wonderland.
- What is the last book you read and the first you’ll read next?This one’s almost cheating: The Tales of Beedle the Bard! I only managed it because it’s so short and I had to read something on the plane home. Before that, it was probably Girls Gone Mild last January, since school reading doesn’t count. Right now, I’m working on A Civilization of Love and Rediscovering Catholicism. Reading two books at once is like a death sentence, considering my current lack of time for pleasure reading, but I didn’t want to bring a book I knew I would finish quickly. Well, that made sense when I was packing, at least.